Our prenatal care program is a big part of what sets our care apart. It brings together the centuries old traditions of midwifery with the very best research, resources and data available today to help families get off to the best start possible.
Relationship and Time with Your Providers
Each individual prenatal care appointment is 30-60 minutes. We take time to understand your hopes and fears and get a full picture of your health.
- At each appointment you will have a clinical exam. We will take your vital signs, measure your belly, and listen to your baby's heartbeat. We will review any laboratory or other testing result with you but will also talk about your diet, exercise and sleep patterns, stress levels, family dynamics, and all of the other aspects of life that can impact your health, and the health of your baby.
- You are encouraged to set the course of your prenatal care including helping to determine the frequency of visits, your educational program, and your birth plan.
Focus on Learning, Wellness, and Community
- You will receive a client handbook with structured self-assessments that will help you prepare for and guide your clinical visits.
- Each trimester, you will be able to participate in a group visit, facilitated by a certified nurse midwife, where you will have an opportunity to connect with other moms and collectively navigate shared questions and challenges.
- You will also have access to a full schedule of classes, a number of which are included in the price prenatal care, and many of which are wellness focused.
Family Friendly and Convenient
- You will have access to your prenatal care team 24/7 by phone, and by using your patient portal. You will be able to access lab results online also through your patient portal.
- You are welcome to bring your children, your partner or anyone else with you to your individual visits so that they stay informed, and feel involved (and so that you do not have to get childcare in order to come in for a prenatal visit).